How To – Guard the Beer Garden Entrance
As a Beer Garden Gate Keeper, it is your responsibility to make sure that no one leaves the beer garden with alcohol. Leaving the beer garden with alcohol is illegal.
- Be assertive and confident.
- Be great at communicating clearly with many different types of people and demographics.
- Be respectful of and courteous to all people.
- Be conscientious of your own safety and the safety of all event patrons.
- Monitor the single entrance/exit to the beer garden to prevent anyone from leaving it with alcohol.
- When a patron tries to leave the beer garden with alcohol, you need to:
- Calmly and confidently tell that person that it is illegal for them to leave the beer garden with alcohol.
- If the person asks why it is illegal, tell them that it is a condition of the alcohol and tobacco permit issued for this event.
- If the person continues to leave the beer garden with alcohol, alert MCMA staff immediately of who is violating the law so that MCMA staff and police can address that person directly.
- Under no circumstances should you ever physically try to stop someone from leaving the beer garden. Your safety is the number one priority and attempting to physically stop someone can put you in danger of being physically assaulted by the person violating the law.