What is Mainstreet?
What is Michigan City Mainstreet Association?
Michigan City Mainstreet Association (MCMA) is a 501(c)(4), non-profit, social welfare organization dedicated to improving the quality of Michigan City’s Uptown Arts District (UAD) (shown at right) located in the heart of the City’s downtown. We are the only non-profit organization in Michigan City that is a registered Indiana Mainstreet Program, and through this designation, we strive to create a city center that is a great place to live, work, play, and invest.
Why Should I Become a Member of Mainstreet?
- Becoming a member of Mainstreet signifies that you support the goals and efforts of the organization and you are a part of positive change for the downtown. It is an investment in the health and success of our downtown core and, through a rippling effect, the city at large.
- It gives you a real voice in important matters concerning our downtown. You are entitled to vote in our elections and being a member is the only way to become a member of our board of directors (if you wanted to really step up your volunteerism game 😉 ).
- You become a part of a larger, tightly-nit community of other passionate volunteers that are making our town the best it can be, and this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow citizens!
- With membership, you also gain access to our member portal which contains all of our meeting minutes so you can stay up to date when you can’t make a meeting, and we provide other valuable resources in the portal which will help you find available financial grants that can help your business grow and improve.
- Finally, we occasionally will have special members-only social gatherings with free food and drink. It’s a good time, we promise.